2017 Child Care Providers' Appreciation & Training Seminar
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Duluth Entertainment Convention Center
8:30 a.m. Registration Opens
9:00 a.m. Light Breakfast Available
9:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Training
$30 per person or $15 per person ONLY for participants in Northland Foundation's Parent Aware Pathways Initiative
All who provide child care to young children ages 5 and younger in northeastern Minnesota or Douglas County, WI, are invited to a day of learning, networking, and fun.
- Learn from our expert speaker
- Earn for 4 Parent Aware Training Hours (w/DEVELOP #)
- Enjoy lunch
- Enter drawings for fabulous prizes
Tracy Schreifels, MS, LMFT, IMH-E (III), a mental health specialist for Reach Up, Inc., a Head Start and Early Head Start agency in St. Cloud will present two trainings, "Strategies to Strengthen Relationship and Regulation in Early Childhood: A Trauma-informed Approach" and "Play: The Biggest Developmental Bang for the Buck".
Develop Number Required for Training Hours
You must have a DEVELOP number to receive training hours. Click the following link for instructions on how to get a Develop number, if you don't have one.
Register Online or By Mail
1. REGISTER ONLINE (pay by credit card or check) Online Registration will be through Eventzilla. We encourage everyone who can to please register online. All the Providers' Seminar details and the steps to register for one or more people can be found at the link, below. You will have the choice to pay using a credit card or by check near the end of the process. Please note if you pay by check, write your confirmation number (which will come in an email) in the Memo area on the check. Click the link, below, to register others and/or yourself.
Be sure to read the "How To Register" directions on the site before you start. If you have a DEVELOP number, have it on hand.
2. REGISTER BY MAIL (pay by check or money order) Call Northland Foundation at (218) 723-4040 or (800) 433-4045 to have a printed Registration Form sent to you, or print one from the links below (depending on if the attendee is part of the Parent Aware Pathways Initiative or not) then mail in the form with you check.
Form for Child Care Providers
Form for Northland Foundation Parent Aware Pathways participants
Questions?Call Northland Foundation at (218) 723-4040 or (800) 433-4045. We are happy to help you!
AGE to age Community Meetings: Hibbing & Ely
Everyone ages 9 to 99 are encouraged to join in the fun, as Ely and Hibbing residents launch AGE to age: bringing generations together in their communities. Through a series of meetings in each community, residents will gather ideas, create a vision, and form action plans! AGE to age joins young people with older adults 55+, and the generations in between, to get to know each other and work together to make each community a better place to grow up and grow older. All sessions are FREE and include dinner and prizes.
UPCOMING HIBBING MEETINGS:
Hibbing Community College - in the Commons
15 E. 25th Street, Hibbing
All meetings start with dinner at 5 p.m. and meeting 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Thursday, February 2 - Hibbing AGE to age Introduction
UPCOMING ELY MEETINGS:
Vermilion Community College, Room NS111
1900 E. Camp Street, Ely
All meetings start with dinner at 5 p.m. and meeting 5:30-7:30 p.m. Use the main VCC entrance by the flagpole and keep walking straight ahead into the Natural Science wing. The classroom is the last one at the end of the hallway.
Thursday, January 26 - Ely Visioning & Action Planning
Thursday, February 23 - Ely Action Planning Contd.
Thursday, March 9 - Ely Project Implementation
Questions? You can call the Northland Foundation at (218) 723-4040 or (800) 433-4045.